Monday, December 3, 2012

Hello Family!!!

Hello Family!!! 
Thanks for telling me the news about Mom. 
Yeah, About Steve and the Kids. I think they are who i'll remember most. The Children. 
Haha you know that saying "running around like a chicken with their head cut off"   haha well.. I've seen what they are talking about.. 
Also this is a little side note for Jared. Remember in Lord of The Rings, where the director said he used the sounds of pigs for the Orcs.. The pigs here, These Huge Pigs (the size of a small cow).. when they squeel they Really DO SOUND like Orcs. Like these high pitched screams. haha It brings me back when we would watch LOTR.
Anyways this last Sunday, Elder Nielson from the 70's visited our Stake Conference.. So we were able to hear from him again.  He told me, "can you believe it has been 3 months since I was last here??"  I'm thinking , 3 months? holy Cow. The time is going fast.  I can't believe I've been gone for 6 months already. that is a third done.. Woa I need to study more; the time is flying by. Anyways, Elder Nielson talked about Change, and about conversion.  He talked about the story of the 10 virgins where the 5 without oil.. He said the Lamps are the testimonies and the oil is "conversion" That all the ten virgins had testimonies but only five were truly converted.  He said that conversion means "to Change".  We can't just say we are repentant or say we believe in Jesus Christ if we are not converted and truly change our lives to be better like him.. To be better converted to his gospel, we apply the things we learn.. It is through our actions and through exercising our faith. that is how we put oil in our lamps.. Over time and over experience.  
I love you all.  PLease be safe.. My prayers are with you and I love you All so much with our end.. I'm learning how to love more here on the mission. and I'm grateful for you!
LOve sister Fowles

No comments:

Post a Comment